Saturday, September 9, 2017

Review: Bringing Maggie Home by Kim Vogel Sawyer


5 Stars!
Fair warning: this book has left me so happy and joyfully speechless that there is no possible way this review will come anywhere even close to doing this incredible book justice! 
This is my first time reading a book by Kim Vogel Sawyer and I can tell you right now that it will not be my last! I adored this book from page one on, it is a very deep and emotional read, my emotions were invested in this story from the get go! It isn't often that I read a book where I find myself thinking about the characters even when I'm not reading, this is exactly what happened to me while reading Bringing Maggie Home! I did not want to put it down because I just had to see what would happen next! I love that this story features three generations of Deford family women, I loved getting all three of their stories, I think I related a little more to Meghan probably just because of my age but all three of their stories touched my heart and won't let go! The way God used all the decades of hurt in this family to bring His plan for them to fruition will bring tears to your eyes, it left me with an even deeper sense of awe at how amazing our God is! I don't think it would be possible to read this story and not be moved and changed by it, this book touched my heart in more ways than I can even begin to express, and it challenged and strengthened my faith, something only the very best books can do! There was not a moment of this book that I didn't absolutely love, it's not often that I feel a novel was too short but in this case I did simply because I did not want to say goodbye to these characters, I have my fingers crossed that there will someday be a sequel! 
It is not possible to put into words just how amazing this book is, but just know that this one is a must read and I anticipate reading it many times in the future, it's that good!
Highly recommend, everyone should read this one!


I received a copy of this book from the publisher. No review required. All thoughts and opinions are one hundred percent my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment