Monday, March 20, 2017

Review: When Tides Turn by Sarah Sundin


5 Stars!!!
I have adored this series since the very beginning of Through Waters Deep. So, I was very much looking forward to this third book! Quite honestly I really didn't like Quintessa very much in the two previous books and I did find myself feeling a tad skeptical that she would ever grow on me, I needn't have worried, in Sarah Sundin's masterful hands Tess became a fantastic heroine that I very much liked and was rooting for from the start of her story! It was great getting to know Dan, we have only seen him briefly in the first two books so it was wonderful to see him grow and become the amazing hero I knew he would be! It was awesome to see how Dan and Tess's personalities while very different were perfectly matched. 
I loved When Tides Turn, though this is one series where I find it impossible to choose a favorite!
Once again I was blown away by the amazing historical details, (I've said it before and I'll say it again, in general World War Two is not my favorite historical time period to read about) I absolutely adore Sarah Sundin's books, I am always swept away by the fabulous details and I never feel like I'm reading the story but instead  that I am living in the 1940's alongside the characters for a little while, which I love!
I loved the updates that we got on Jim and Mary, and Arch and Lillian, it did make me a little sad to have to say goodbye to the Avery family though! 
I loved everything about this book and highly recommend it! I cannot wait to read more of Sarah Sundin's work in the future! 


I received a copy of this book from the publisher. No review required. All thoughts and opinions are one hundred percent my own.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the lovely review, Caitlyn! I'm so glad you enjoyed Dan & Tess's story!

    ReplyDelete