Thursday, March 9, 2017

Review: The Illusionist's Apprentice by Kristy Cambron


5 Stars!!!
I had read and loved two of Kristy's novels (The Butterfly and The Violin, and The Ringmaster's Wife) prior to reading this one. And while I think The Ringmaster's Wife will probably always be my personal favorite, I absolutely loved The Illusionist's Apprentice from the very first sentence all the way to the end! The premise totally intrigued me from the moment I first heard about it, and I was most definitely not disappointed by this book! I loved both Wren and Elliot, they both had such painful pasts and it was wonderful to watch them overcome their pasts together and learn to trust in God and each other. I have always been fascinated by Illusionists, and I loved getting to learn about Wren's profession as well as all the fabulous historical details about Harry Houdini! Two of my favorite genres are romantic mystery/suspense and historical romance and I absolutely love it when I find a book in which these two genres collide, such was the case with this book and I absolutely loved it! It was so neat to read a story that featured the FBI back when it was still relatively new. I must say that the 1920's are not in general one of my favorite time periods to read about, but as I have adored both this author's books that have been set in the 20's I am more open to reading about that time period and if Kristy Cambron continues to bring that decade to life through her fabulous writing I will always jump into those books with both feet! Going back to the suspense for a minute, I believe this is Kristy Cambron's first time writing a suspense element like this and I can say that she did an amazing job (I hope she writes more suspense in the future) there were so many surprises along the way that I did not see coming and one in particular that made me hang my head and cry out an anguished, No! 


Overall, I absolutely adored every single moment of this book, as soon as I finished I found myself wanting to re-read it, it's that good!!! 
I highly recommend The Illusionist's Apprentice, it not only has a permanent spot on my keeper shelf, but it will also be on my list of favorite reads of 2017!
I cannot wait to see what else Kristy Cambron has in store for us! 



I received a copy of this book from the publisher through BookLook bloggers. No review required. All thoughts and opinions are one hundred percent my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment