Sunday, December 9, 2018

Review: Swimming in the Deep End by Christina Suzann Nelson


4 Stars!
I don't often read women's fiction novels, but the description of this one intrigued me so I jumped at the opportunity to review it! This is an absolutely wonderful book that I very much enjoyed reading. Swimming in the Deep End does touch on some tough subjects (teen pregnancy, abortion, family issues, grief after the loss of a loved one) but I felt that all these topics were handled with fabulous grace in a manner that most readers would not find offensive. 
This book is told in first person POV alternating between the perspectives of four different women, something that I wouldn't normally like all that much, but for this story it worked beautifully and each character had such a unique voice that I never once got confused about which character's head I was in! The faith story was so real, heart-stirring, and incredibly moving, it grabbed my heart and wouldn't let go! This is truly a wonderful read! I enjoyed it so much, and am so glad I read it! I highly recommend Swimming in the Deep End to anyone who is looking for a deep, powerful read that will touch your heart and soul and leave a lasting imprint long after you close the book! I have Christina Suzann Nelson's first book on my Kindle and I look forward to reading it (as well as anything she writes in the future) because I absolutely love her writing style! 


I received an ebook copy of this book from the publisher which did not influence my review in any way. All thoughts and opinions are one hundred percent my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment