Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Review: Someone Like You by Victoria Bylin



5 Stars!
I really enjoyed Victoria Bylin's contemporary debut, Until I Found You, when I read it a while back! But I must admit that the cover of this book is what first attracted me to it, I know, I know, never judge a book by its cover but isn't that cover just so gorgeous?! And I am delighted to say that the story inside was every bit as beautiful as the cover! 
I LOVED THIS BOOK! It was sooooo good, where do I even begin? I loved Zeke and Julia's romance, I have found that I really enjoy storylines where the hero and heroine dated sometime prior to the start of the book, things didn't work out and they parted ways only to be brought back together during the course of the story! Such was the case with Zeke and Julia, I loved watching them rekindle their romance! And then there was Hunter, oh how I detested him, (But I was clearly supposed to!)
I don't want to risk spoiling anything but I just have to say that I absolutely adored the sub-plot romance between George and Ellen, theirs was a totally unique story of true love finding you when and where you least expect it, I loved them as much if not even more than Zeke and Julia, I had the biggest smile on my face when I read about the two of them! 
Many times my favorite books are those in which the setting is described so vividly that it really becomes another character in the story, I loved Caliente Springs, and I felt like I was really there! One of the things I loved the most about this book was the faith story, it was so good, I found myself relating to Zeke and Julia in many ways. I was totally pulling for them and the ending just made me so happy! I can't end this review without mentioning Ladybug, the goat, oh my gosh she took this story to a whole other level, every single time this troublemaking goat made an appearance on the page I ended up laughing so hard my face hurt at all of her antics, while this book would have been every bit as wonderful without her, she totally MADE the story! I loved this book so much, as evidenced by the fact that I read it in under twenty-four hours! Someone Like You definitely has a permanent spot on my keeper shelf and will be on my favorite reads of 2016 list! Highly recommend!


I was honored to receive a complimentary copy of this amazing book from the author and publisher to help promote it! 
All thoughts and opinions are one hundred percent my own! 

No comments:

Post a Comment