Friday, May 21, 2021

Review: Lady Wynwood's Spies1: Archer by Camille Elliot



A great, fantastically unique novel! This is the first book by Camille Elliot that I've read and I enjoyed this take on regency London. I really liked Phoebe and I could relate to her quite a lot as I too am tall for a woman, and I am an archer (though I am much less skilled than Phoebe and I only do target practice for fun, I don't compete like she does) and I loved seeing her rise to the occasion and help people in ways she wouldn't previously have thought possible. There were a lot of characters in this book and I sometimes had trouble keeping them all straight in my mind. There were lots of exciting parts in this story but overall it didn't hold my interest throughout the way I'd hoped for. I've never read a serial novel before so I don't know what is normal for the development of a romantic relationship in this type of story, but I was a bit disappointed there wasn't more romance between Phoebe and Michael in this story, though I do realize their relationship will likely develop further in future books. 

Overall, I'm glad I read this super unique and original regency story and I definitely recommend it!


I received a copy of this book from the publisher which did not influence my review in any way. All thoughts and opinions are one hundred percent my own.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment