Saturday, February 22, 2020

Review: Don't Give Up On Me by Jodi Artzberger



4 Stars! 
This is a great romantic suspense novel! I was pulled into the story from the first page. Ryker was an awesome, swoon-worthy hero, I loved his faith journey! I liked Amanda, but I didn't feel like I ever really got to know her. This book has a lot of suspense, which I loved. When it comes to romantic suspense books I prefer an equal balance between the suspense and the romance, and this book strikes that balance beautifully! Another thing I loved is that this book combines two of my favorite tropes, friends-to-more and second chance romance, which is awesome! 
I did guess the identity of the villain, which made me happy because I love to play armchair detective! However, I was a bit confused by one thing and that was that at one point in the book I was under the impression that the person who turned out to be the villain had attacked Amanda or treated her badly in some way prior to the start of the book, but then nothing was ever mentioned about it, so perhaps it was just a misunderstanding on my part. There were several typos and some things that could have been a bit more polished. The author has a huge amount of talent, and I believe this is her debut novel so I am confident that her work will become more polished with time.
I truly did enjoy this book and didn't want to put it down. If you are looking for a fast paced Christian romantic suspense novel that will have you on the edge of your seat and keep you turning pages at lightning speed, this is the book for you! 
I recommend Don't Give Up On Me and look forward to the next Otter Bay novel! 


I received a copy of this book from the publisher. Which did not influence my review in any way. All thoughts and opinions are one hundred percent my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment