Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Review: Dead Drift by Dani Pettrey


5 Stars!

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
Dr. Seuss

I think this quote perfectly sums up my feelings about this series ending. I'm sad to say goodbye, but thrilled that I got to become friends with these characters and live vicariously through them for a little while! Where do I even begin to describe the amazingness that is Dead Drift?! Kate and Luke's story was phenomenal!
As with all of Dani's books I devoured this one in under 24 hours! Dani's books always knock my socks off, but Dead Drift takes the awesomeness to a whole new level. My old friends Griffin & Finley, Parker & Avery, Declan & Tanner, and Luke & Kate grabbed hold of me and yanked me through the screen of my Kindle and into their story, and it didn't take long before I forgot I was reading and instead felt that I was tagging along and living their story right alongside them, that is how fabulous this book is! 
Once again Dani's writing thrilled me, chilled me, and inspired me, at the same time it encouraged and challenged my faith, and made a lasting imprint on my heart! I don't really know what else I can say without risking spoilers, so I will finish with this: I absolutely adored every single moment I spent reading this book, everything was tied up perfectly, and even though I hated to see it end, when I turned the final page a sigh of pure contentment escaped my lips which were temporarily frozen in the giddiest grin of all time! Dead Drift is on my list of favorite reads of 2018, and I highly recommend it! Everyone should read the Chesapeake Valor series, each book can stand alone but they are best read in order to get the full amazing experience!
I simply cannot wait for Dani's next book! READ DANI PETTREY'S BOOKS, YOU WON'T BE SORRY! Now, if you'll excuse me! *Goes to reread Submerged yet again*



Thank you to the author and publisher for sending me a copy of this book to help promote it. Which did not influence my review in any way. All thoughts and opinions are one hundred percent my own (except the quote from Dr. Seuss, of course LOL!)

No comments:

Post a Comment