Monday, April 23, 2018

Review: Kill Shot by Susan Sleeman


3.5 Stars
I have very mixed feelings about this book. It was a good book, that I enjoyed reading, but I'm sorry to say that I didn't love it the way I did the first book in the series. After loving book one SOOO much I think perhaps my expectations were so insanely high that no book probably would have been able to live up to them. I did love the main characters Rick and Olivia, their faith stories and character growth were fabulous, and I loved watching them fall in love! There were a lot of parts of the book that were very interesting, and I adored getting to hang out again with the rest of the White Knights team. But, I kept feeling there weren't nearly as many suspense/action scenes as I was expecting. The suspense ramped up a lot near the ending which was perhaps my favorite part of the book, but it also sort of felt like it was a bit too little, too late at that point. 
Overall, while it didn't become a favorite I did still enjoy Kill Shot and look forward to reading the rest of the series.


I received an ebook copy of this book from the publisher which did not influence my review in any way. All thoughts and opinions are one hundred percent my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment