Sunday, January 11, 2015

Bout of Books 12 Update and Day 7 Challenges!

Bout of Books

Yesterday I finished Four: Divergent Story Collection by Veronica Roth. Today I finished A Brush With Love by Rachel Hauck, loved it! Now about to start Tried and True by Mary Connealy.



In Six Words Challenge hosted by Falling Down The Book Hole

I chose to use books from two of my all time favorite series!

Thrilling, terrifying, suspenseful. Yet incredibly inspiring! 

-The Patrick Bowers files by Steven James-

Luca, Marcello, action, romance, medieval Italy! 

-Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren-

The River of life flows forever!

-Deluge by Lisa T. Bergren-




My Dysfunctional Book Family hosted by Auggie Talk

Out of all the books you've ever read and all the characters you've ever known who would you choose to be in your family?

The directions
Select your characters and give each of them a title (mom, dad, sister, uncle, cousin). Get goofy or be super serious. Up to you!
 
Tell me a little bit about WHY you'd choose these characters for their spot in your fam!
 
Now have a bit of fun and tell me (in a short sentence or a long paragraph) HOW is your family dysfunctional. ;)
Here's mine!

Mom and Dad would be Ingrid and John Christiansen from the Christiansen family series by Susan May Warren. Luca Forelli would be my brother and Marcello Forelli would be my cousin, both characters are from The River Of Time Series by Lisa T. Bergren. Piper McKenna from The Alaskan Courage series by Dani Pettrey would be my sister. Silas and Eden Ballantyne from Love's Reckoning by Laura Frantz would be my Uncle and Aunt. Louise Turner from Where Treetops Glisten by Cara Putman, Sarah Sundin and Tricia Goyer would be my Grandmother. And Lazarro Rossi from the Wedding by Bella series by Janice Thompson would be my Grandfather. 

John and Ingrid are awesome parents so they would be perfect for this family. Luca and Marcello would each be super protective of me as my brother and cousin, plus I would love to talk then into teaching me how to fence! Piper and I would get along great and it would be super fun for her to be the sister I never had! I just think Eden and Silas would be a really cool Aunt and Uncle. I love both Louise and Lazarro and I think it would be so fun to pair them together as my Grandparents! 

I am sure this family would be dysfunctional (and definitely loud!) due to all their different points of view, cultures, personalities and the fact that they are all from different places and different times in history but when it comes down to it I think after we got to know each other we would truly become each other's best friends, and work together as one! This would be a loud, dysfunctional, wonderful family and it would be a true joy for me to spend even one day worshiping Jesus with them! 

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I love River of Time series. I can nevel make Luca and Marcello, my brother and cousin. I crush on them too much for that. Great dysfunctional family. I haven't read the others but sound intriguing. Well done on the six words challenge too. :D

    ReplyDelete