Friday, June 23, 2017

Review: The Road to Paradise by Karen Barnett


4 Stars! 
I read Karen Barnett's book, Mistaken a few years back and really enjoyed it! The Road to Paradise intrigued me from the first moment I read the description, I thought ooh, I've gotta read that! And I am thrilled to say that this book was completely delightful! Having grown up on 75+ acres of land I am a huge nature lover, so I could totally relate to Margie's love of the outdoors and her joy in seeing God's fingerprints on every bit of nature! 
It was such a great idea to write a historical series set in national parks, I have never visited any national parks, but the writing in this book was so vivid and beautifully described that I could see Mount Rainier and all its splendor as though I was really there alongside the characters! I loved the romance in this story, it was sweet and definitely stirring without overpowering the rest of the story, I felt that it was a perfect balance! 
This book drew me in from the beginning and didn't let go until I turned the final page. I loved this book and highly recommend it! It makes a perfect summer read too.
I can't wait for the next Vintage National Parks novel!

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. No review required. All thoughts and opinions are one hundred percent my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment