Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Review: Bread of Angels by Tessa Afshar


4 Stars! 
With the exception of one short story, this book was my first foray into the world of Biblical fiction. Tessa Afshar was a new-to-me author, but since I had heard lots of good things about her books I decided to give this book a try. I very much enjoyed this book. 
I could relate to Lydia's fear of basically everything, that is a demon I struggle to overcome (sometimes daily) myself, so needless to say the message of this book was exactly what I needed! I envision opening the pages of this book many times in the future to help remind me to trust in Jesus and not to fear! 
This book was very easy to read, though it is a very emotional read and there were moments that my heart hurt for the characters!   
This book was very compelling, it held my attention throughout and I was never bored while reading it. 
While Biblical fiction is still not one of my favorite genres, I am very glad that I read Bread of Angels and I do plan to try more of Tessa Afshar's books in the future! 
Highly recommended.


I received this book from the publisher. No review required. All thoughts and opinions are one hundred percent my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment