Sunday, June 10, 2018

Review: A Defense of Honor by Kristi Ann Hunter


5 Stars! 
Another absolutely splendid novel from Kristi Ann Hunter! I have been eagerly anticipating this first novel in the Haven Manor series since March when I read the prequel novella, A Search for Refuge! I knew A Defense of Honor was going to be fabulous and to say that I was not disappointed would be a humongous understatement, I LOVED THIS BOOK SO MUCH! This story grabbed hold of me on page one and would not let go! When I pick up a book by this author I know I'm in for a super fun, witty ride that somehow also manages to strengthen my faith, touch my heart, and make me think, and that is exactly what A Defense of Honor did! I will be thinking about this story for a long time to come. I loved Kit, Daphne, and Jess (I loved Jess in A Noble Masquerade, and I was thrilled to get to hang out with her again!) not to mention all the delightful children! And Graham, oh my word! What a noble, Godly, caring, lovable, hilarious, swoon-worthy hero. Kit, you're one lucky lady! These characters have become like dear friends to me and I so look forward to hanging out with them again!
I also absolutely loved watching Kit and Graham grow in their faith, the faith journey they took has challenged and inspired me in my own life, and was exactly what I needed to read at this point in my life! 
I don't want to risk spoiling anything so I will just say that I absolutely adored every moment I spent reading this book, and hated to see it end, but a sigh of happiness escaped my lips when I turned the final page! A Defense of Honor is one of my favorite reads of 2018 so far, I definitely plan on rereading it in the future, and I can't wait for the rest of the series! Highly recommended, I would give it every star in the sky if I could, but alas I am forced to limit my rating to five stars! Seriously, read it, read it, READ IT, you will not be sorry! 


Thank you to the author and publisher for sending me a copy of this book to help promote it. Which did not influence my review in any way. All thoughts and opinions are one hundred percent my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment