Thursday, March 1, 2018

Review: A Loyal Heart by Jody Hedlund


5 Stars! 
I have been loving Jody's Medieval YA books, and I was very excited when I learned there would be a fourth book in the series! Aldric was a very intriguing character in the previous book, and it was so interesting to get to know him and see him overcome the pain and mistakes of his past! I loved Olivia, her personality is so much like me, we are both strong, stubborn, and independent, yet fiercely loyal to and protective of those we love! It was beautiful to watch their relationship develop and I especially loved the message that this book portrays about two things that are very important in relationships: communication, and having respect for the other person's views and opinions rather than just trying to get your own way all the time, what a fabulous reminder for us all and especially teen readers of this book! The faith story was fabulous and touched my heart deeply. 
Overall, I loved A Loyal Heart and highly recommend it! I look forward to reading whatever future YA books this author writes, and I am hoping for a story featuring Sir Darien and Lady Isabelle at some point! 


I received a copy of this book from the author, which did not influence my review in any way. All thoughts and opinions are one hundred percent my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment