Thursday, March 15, 2018

Review: Beneath the Surface by Lynn H. Blackburn


4 Stars!
This was my first read by this author and it will definitely not be my last! I was first intrigued by the description, but I have to admit that what sealed the deal on me wanting to read it was the glowing endorsement from Lynette Eason (one of my all time favorite authors!) I was pulled into this book from page one and truly hated to set it down! Leigh and Ryan were fabulous main characters, I loved that they had known each other since they were children so they were friends first before beginning a romantic relationship! But, I think Gabe Chavez was my very favorite character, I loved him so much, he was just awesome and a total riot, he made me laugh so many times in this book! 
The faith story in this book was so real and very inspiring, it touched my heart and was one of my favorite parts of the book! 
The suspense in this book was very good, a bit predictable in places but that really didn't bother me, and I did not guess the identity of the villain before it was revealed, which was great! 
The only reasons I rated it four stars instead of five are: first, that there were a couple of plot threads that seemed (at least to me) they were left unconfirmed/not fully explained. Second, as the title of this series is Dive Team Investigations I was expecting quite a lot of diving scenes, and I was quite surprised and a bit disappointed that there was really only one dive scene, as I had hoped for more diving. 
Though these things did affect my rating, they did not in any way lessen my overall enjoyment of the novel! 
Overall, I really did love this book and look forward to reading more of Lynn's work! Beneath the Surface was a great start to a new series, I highly recommend it, and I am very much looking forward to the next book! 


I received a copy of this book from the publisher, which did not influence my review in any way. All thoughts and opinions are one hundred percent my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment