Thursday, April 20, 2017

Review: Life After by Katie Ganshert


5 Stars!!!
I have absolutely adored all of Katie's contemporary romance titles, so needless to say I have been looking forward to her next release since 2015, and wow, Life After was totally worth the wait! This is probably going to be a fairly short review, not because I didn't like this book, quite the contrary I loved every single solitary second of this book! My dilemma is that Life After was so incredibly beautiful and amazing that I am completely speechless out of fear that I cannot possibly do this amazing book justice with my review.
Just like with all of Katie's other novels I was swept into the story from page one and hated having to turn the final page! I have seen reviews that are calling this Katie's most complex book to date and I wholeheartedly agree with that assessment, it is very hard for a book to really surprise me anymore, but there were several twists in this book that I never saw coming, and I loved that! I know this is far from the most eloquent review I've ever written but let me just say that Life After made me smile, laugh, feel the characters' pain as well as their joy, and brought me to tears a time or two! This story does tackle some serious issues that we face in the world today, and in the wrong hands it could have become a very depressing storyline, but in Katie's skillful hands hope and faith leaped from the pages, which did not surprise me one bit as I know that hope, faith and joy are the hallmarks of everything Katie writes. And just so you know I never for a second found the story depressing!
Without giving anything away I will just say that this book gave me a new understanding of the story of Lazarus and filled me with a whole new sense of awe at how amazing our Lord is!
I seriously loved every bit of Life After and am eagerly awaiting Katie's next book! 
This is absolutely a must read, one for the keeper shelf and it will be on my favorite books of 2017 list! And just in case you hadn't already guessed I highly recommend Life After! Buy it as soon as you can, you won't be sorry! 


I received an ebook copy of this book from the publisher through Blogging for Books. No review required. The above review is my honest opinion. All thoughts and opinions are one hundred percent my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment