Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Review: Sins of the Past by Dee Henderson, Dani Pettrey and Lynette Eason


5 Stars!
When I first heard that this novella collection was going to be happening only one thought went through my mind, my three all time favorite romantic suspense authors together in one book? Yes, please! Needless to say Sins of the Past was my most anticipated read of 2016!

Missing by Dee Henderson-4.5 Stars!-
This story got the collection off to a great start! As a huge fan of Dee's O'Malley family series, I am happy to say that I feel like this one was a lot closer to her earlier books than her more recent ones. While the suspense wasn't quite the same as in the O'Malley books, Missing was still very suspenseful, I had no clue whether John's mother would survive. And I totally didn't guess the reason for her disappearance until right before it was revealed! I also really enjoyed the romance between John and Sharon, it was very fun and I felt that it was very well developed for a story this short! Overall, while this novella wasn't my favorite of the collection, I still really loved it!

Shadowed by Dani Pettrey-5 Stars!-
If you know me at all then you probably know what a huge fan I am of Dani's books! I absolutely adored every page of her Alaskan Courage series and I was over the moon excited when I found out that Dani's contribution to this collection would feature the parents of our beloved McKenna clan! Words truly cannot express how happy it made me to finally be introduced to Ben and Libby, I was completely enthralled with every single word of their adventure! I don't know how Dani does it but every time I think one of her books has reached the absolute pinnacle of awesomeness, the next ups the awesome factor tenfold. Such was the case with Shadowed, forgive me but I just can't seem to stop gushing, it was just SO perfect! The suspense was off the charts crazy, I loved it! One of the things I thought was so cool about this story was all the references to pop culture and things of the time, I'm only twenty four years old but those details helped to paint such a vivid picture that while I was reading the story I felt like I was really living in 1979! I could go on for days about how much I loved this book but for the sake of everyone reading this review and for fear of spoiling something I'll draw this gush-fest to a close! Let me end by saying that the ending of this book caused me to feel giddy tingles of pure happiness and I had the biggest grin on my face when I read the last few sentences! This was my favorite of the three novellas and as soon as I finished it I found myself wanting to read it all over again, and I plan to make sure I leave room in my schedule to re-read it many times in the future!

Blackout by Lynette Eason-5 Stars!-
Lynette Eason is another one of my favorite authors, I always love her stories and Blackout was no exception! Macey and Chad were both such great characters and I loved their story. This was such a unique take on a suspense storyline and I loved it! I really had no clue who the villain was and I was totally surprised when their identity was revealed! I was absolutely blown away by the intensity as well as the sheer number of suspenseful scenes that Lynette was able to squeeze into a story this short, I never had a chance to catch my breath and I loved it! This story also contains one of the most crazy suspenseful climax's that I have ever read, I was literally on the edge of my seat wanting to know what would happen next! I loved every minute of Blackout and I anticipate re-reading it many times in the future!

Sins of the Past is a novella collection that not only has a permanent spot on my keeper shelf but that all fans of romantic suspense NEED to read, you will not be sorry! This book will totally make my favorite books of 2016 list! 



I was honored to receive a complimentary copy of this amazing book from Author Dani Pettrey and Bethany House publishers in exchange for helping to promote it! Thank you! 
All thoughts and opinions are one hundred percent my own.

1 comment: