Friday, July 3, 2015

Review: Haunting Joy by Lena Goldfinch



4 Stars!
For the most part I'm not usually very interested in ghost stories, but this one sounded intriguing and having enjoyed other books by this author I decided to give it a shot when I was offered the opportunity to review the audiobook version. I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed this story! I really liked the main character Joy, even though she was a number of years younger than me I found myself relating to her quite a lot! I also found the whole story very neat, and while yes some parts did seem predictable to me but that did not lessen my enjoyment of the story, I also loved all the random moments of humor scattered throughout! I also loved that even though this was a fun story there was still a real depth and seriousness beneath the surface! 
In closing, I really enjoyed this book, highly recommend it and look forward to reading the rest of the books in the series as well as other works by this author!

Thank you to the author for providing me with a complimentary audiobook copy in exchange for honest review, which I have done.
All thoughts and opinions are one hundred percent my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment