I was nominated for this award back in June by my friend Melanie @Christian Bookshelf Reviews, and I just hadn't around to doing it until now! Sorry it took me so long!
1. What's the last book you bought? Raptor 6 by Ronie Kendig. The last thing I needed was another book but the ebook was only 79 cents on ChristianBook.com, and I just couldn't resist!
2. What's the last movie you watched? On DVD: a made-for- TV movie from the 1970's called Young Pioneers which was great. And on Netflix: an amazing movie called Finding Faith which I highly recommend!
3. What's your all-time favorite book cover? You mean besides all of Dani Pettrey's? :) There are two others (See photos below), A Broken Kind of Beautiful by Katie Ganshert-I can't explain what it is about this cover but it's just absolutely gorgeous and it captured me from the first moment I saw it. The wonderful thing is that the story inside is every bit as beautiful as the cover-
And Deadly Pursuit by Irene Hannon-This is my favorite book by this author, there are so many reasons why I love this cover. The models look exactly like how I pictured Mitch and Alison. I love the colors and how the dark clouds give such a deep feeling of foreboding. I love that the railroad tracks (A key part of the story!) are pictured. And lastly I love the publisher's attention to detail, if you look really closely at a copy of the book you will see that the badge on Mitch's belt actually does say Detective, St Louis County. :)
4. What's your favorite summer activity, besides reading? ;) Riding my horse, and standing near a beautiful waterfall on a hot day are my top two!
5. What is one of the worst/most-boring movies you've seen? Remember Me. Anyone who loves this movie please don't hate me! But aside from laughing at the sheer ridiculousness of most of the actors, I was bored out of my mind! Needless to say, I won't be watching this one again.
6. If you could spend a week anywhere in the world, where would you choose? Either Ireland or Italy. Actually I would probably end up spending a few days in each country because it would be impossible for me to choose one over the other! :)
7. Sneakers or sandals? Sneakers
8. The beach or the pool? The beach
9. What's the last book that made you cry or laugh-out-loud? The last book that made me laugh out loud (Several times!) was Full Steam Ahead by Karen Witemeyer. Books don't usually make me cry so the last time one did was over a year ago, Undeniably Yours by Becky Wade for some reason that ending just made me tear up. In a good way!
10. What's your favorite candle scent? Lilac
11. Do you have a favorite B&W movie? I have two: Christmas in Connecticut and Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House
My friend Abbi @Christian Novels also did this tag and nominated anyone who wanted to take part so I decided to answer her questions as well! Mainly because I just love to answer questions!
1. What is one of your favorite books to reread? "Oh, Those Harper Girls!" by Kathleen Karr
2. Is there a Christian genre that you refuse to read? Yes, what I consider chick lit!
3. What is the biggest turn off for you in a book? Graphic sexual content. I don't really mind violence, and language doesn't bother me that much as long it's not excessive. But I do not tolerate sex scenes. Fortunately I'm very picky about the books I read so I almost never come upon scenes like that.
4. What is your favorite cover feature (i.e. dresses, bold font, cute couple, etc)? Hmm, I don't know. I never really thought about it before... I guess there is just something about certain covers that captures my attention, don't really know what it is though.
5. What is your absolute favorite musical? It's a three way tie between Les Mis, Oklahoma, and Cats!
6. Do you prefer online shopping or going to an actual bookstore? Online, but I love to go to a brick and mortar bookstore on special occasions like my birthday.
7. Where is the oddest place you have taken a book to read? I don't know. I've read while hanging out on my trampoline before, does that count? :)
8. If you could choose a fictional family to join, which one would it be? No question, The McKenna Family! :)
9. What are some of your favorite TV shows to watch? MACGYVER, The A Team, Sue Thomas F.B.Eye, and Mcleod's Daughters.
10. What would be your dream job? Being a riding instructor. I love teaching kids and adults how to ride and care for horses!
11. How many books do you own? I've never counted but probably close to a hundred hard copy books. And I think there are somewhere around 130 on my Kindle.
Most of the people I know have already been tagged for this award so I nominate YOU! Anyone who is reading this post and wants to take part! I'm feeling lazy right now and think of any new questions so feel free to answer any or all of Melanie and Abbi's questions that I answered!
Oh and by the way here are the two book covers that I mentioned above! Forget to include them earlier in this post!